It’s Free Ticket Tuesday for your chance to see an intimate performance in the MIX 105.1 All Access Lounge with Ed Sheeran! So, before you get up close and personal with the ginger heartthrob, here are 10 things you might not know about Ed Sheeran.
1. Edward Christopher Sheeran was born on February 17, 1991 in Halifax, England, but later moved to London to pursue a career in music.
2. His father is is an art curator and lecturer and his mom is a jewelry designer.
3. Ed has one older brother named Matthew who is also in the music industry as a classical composer.
4. Ed’s favorite color is orange, he wears a size 10 shoe and he has a kitty cat named Bellini.
5. Ed began his love for music at a very young age, singing in the church choir at the age of 4. He learned guitar at a young age as well.
6. Ed was nominated for a GRAMMY for Song of the Year for his hit single “The A Team,” but lost to Fun. for “We Are Young.”
7. All four of Ed’s guitars have names…they are Lloyd, Felix, Cyril, and Nigel.
8. Ed shared his writing skills with boy-band One Direction co-writing the song “Moments” for their debut album which was released in November of 2011.
9. Most of Ed’s left arm has ink and included in his sleeve of tats is a ketchup bottle, a cup of tea, the word “Prince” for his love of “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” Puss in Boots, and a tribute to Taylor Swift.
10. Is Ed single? He dated a girl named Alice for 4 years throughout school, but as far as we know now, he’s single ladies!