Obviously, status symbols change over time. A new survey asked people to name the top status symbols today, then compared them to a similar survey from the 1980’s.The results are actually pretty funny!
Here are the top 10 status symbols today . . .
1. A fancy car.
2. A designer watch.
3. A swimming pool.
4. Flying first class.
5. Owning a second home.
6. Having a tennis court.
7. Sending your kids to private school.
8. Having a vacation home.
9. A home with electric front gates.
10. A nanny.
Only one of those things has stayed consistent since the ’80s and that is ending your kids to private school.
Here are the top 10 status symbols from the ’80s and they’re mostly things we take for granted today.
1. A car phone.
2. A dishwasher.
3. Sending your kids to private school.
4. Having two cars.
5. Going overseas for a vacation.
6. Having a sunroom.
7. Owning a horse.
8. A color TV.
9. Diamond jewelry.
10. Having a cordless phone.
The survey also found people think a fancy house today costs at least $1 million and in the ’80s, people thought a fancy house cost $78,000.
You can check out the complete story from The Daily Mail here
The Latest From MIX
- Listen This Week For Your Chance At Some Flats Cash!
- Downtown For The Holidays Featuring The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- Mix 105.1’s Jingle Blocks
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- These Women Took Photos As Princesses With A Message To Disney!
- Fall Out Boy Share ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Elton John to Be Honored with GRAMMY Tribute Show