Here’s an easy Memorial Day grilling idea that can be served with sliced fruit or bakery-bought brownies.
Grilled Chicken & Corn Salad
Yield: 2 servings
3 ears corn in husks, protruding silk removed
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 2 small zucchini, cut in 1/4 -inch planks lengthwise
1 tablespoon each: freshly squeezed lemon juice, red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat grill to high. Grill corn, turning as needed to prevent burning, until done, about 25 minutes (husks may darken without burning the corn).
2. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin or heavy spatula until about 1/2 -inch thick. Season both sides with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste.
3. Grill chicken and zucchini until done, about 5 minutes per side. Cut zucchini into cubes place in large bowl. Add tomatoes. Shuck corn cut kernels off cobs. Add corn to the bowl.
4. Whisk lemon juice, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in thyme. Toss corn salad with all but 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette. Season with pepper to taste, plus more salt if needed. Slice chicken into 1/2 -inch slices. Divide corn salad between 2 dinner plates. Top with sliced chicken. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over chicken.
More Recipes From Heather McPherson
- Hearty Steak and Bean Chili
- Pork Milanese with Cacio e Pepe Spaghetti
- Brined Brown-Sugar Turkey
- Pork with Chilies and Lime
- Baked Taco Chicken Fingers
- Make-Ahead Cheesy Turkey Chili Bake
- Cheddary Chicken Bones
- Sweet and Smoky Salmon with Orange Salsa
- Eastern Mediterranean Bolognese
- Chicken with New Potatoes and Fennel