This is my favorite holiday of the year, by far!! What other day can you eat, drink and watch football all day while spending time with the people that are the most important to you, your friends and/or family!?! We should have a Thanksgiving once a month!
1. Go to the grocery store now!! The closer it gets to Thanksgiving, the crazier the grocery store will be. So make a list this weekend and get the shopping done.
2. Clean your kitchen!! It’ll be easier to keep everything organized if you start off with a clean kitchen and this would be a good time to clean out and organize your fridge as well.
3. Delegate! It’s okay to ask for help and delegate responsibilities, like making the kids set the table or wash dishes, and making guys peel potatoes while they watch football. (This isn’t sexist at all! Keep in mind, I don’t write these! -Adam)
4. Stick to the classics! You don’t need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to dinner: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce should keep everyone happy. If you want to try some new wines or an unusual side dish, great. If you want to add ham or a beef roast to the party, terrific but people are expecting the “Greatest Hits”.
5. Order in! You don’t want to be worrying about cooking and washing dishes the night before Thanksgiving. So order a pizza and relax before the big day.
Hope this helps!! Happy Thanksgiving to YOU and yours!