Sorry to ruin your day, but we came across this article that says you’re probably showering all wrong. Apparently, these dermatologists say you should do these five tips things in the shower to save your hair and skin.
Keep in mind, we don’t necessarily agree with these tips, we just wanted to share them from NBC LA.
1. Don’t shower too often. It should depend on your activity level and if you’re not very active and don’t sweat much, you don’t have to shower every day.
2. Keep it short. Experts say exposure to water and cleansers like shampoo and body wash can dry out your hair and skin.
3. Keep it cool. Hot water strips away natural oils and damages the skin faster, so you want to stick to a lukewarm or cooler shower. Sorry, but there’s no way I can do this.
4. Don’t wash your hair too much or too little. Your hair is made of dead skin cells, so it doesn’t need as much washing as the rest of your skin. However, if you don’t wash it enough, it can lead to dandruff. Depending on your hair type, experts say a few times a week will do.
5. Focus on the dirtiest areas. Yes, you know where we’re talking about. Your arms and legs don’t always need soap, but your underarms, feet, and nethers certainly do!