Sometimes you’re in a rush and you don’t have time to pack a lunch from home, but you also don’t want to consume 1000+ calories at lunch. Well, here’s some good news because you can still enjoy a tasty lunch without packing on the pounds.
Great news! If you’re hitting the drive-thru for lunch today, you can do it and still make some healthy choices! According to Fox News, here’s what you can order at five of your favorite fast-food restaurants.
1. McDonald’s- The Egg McMuffin only has 300 calories and the McDouble has 380. However, you can cut about 50 calories on each one by asking for no cheese.
2. Taco Bell- The Chicken Soft Tacos or the Power Menu Veggie Bowl are two of the better choices for your lunch. You can make pretty much anything at Taco Bell healthier by asking for it “fresco” style, which means they replace the cheese and sour cream with pico de gallo.
3. Burger King- Try the MorningStar Veggie Burger or the Grilled Chicken Sandwich, it’s about 480 calories. But you can get it down under 400 calories if you hold the mayo.
4. Chick-fil-A- The Grilled Chicken Nuggets with a side salad or fruit cup is a healthy choice. Or try the Spicy Southwest Salad, which also has grilled chicken instead of fried. Just don’t cover it in ranch dressing.
5. Dunkin Donuts- The Egg-and-Cheese sandwich on an English muffin and the Egg White Flatbread sandwich are two of your healthier choices. Obviously there’s a lot more nutrition in both of them instead of that jelly donut.
6. Subway- The Oven-Roasted Chicken Sandwich on multigrain flatbread and the 6″ tuna sandwich on wheat are two wise choices. Just don’t ask for extra mayonnaise and hold the bag of Cheetos and the Mountain Dew.