By: Adam Alexander
Can you still hear your Mom saying things in the back of your head? Ya, me too! Well, most of you Mom’s out there are using some of the SAME phrases! Shocking, right? Not so much.
PR Newswire release the findings of a new survey for Mother’s Day had people read over a list of phrases moms use all the time with their kids, and pick which ones THEIR mom used. 79% of people said their mom used at least one of them.
Here are the five most common “mom-isms”
1. “Because I said so.” 43% of people said their mom has used it.
2. “Don’t worry. Everything will be okay.” 4 0% of moms use that one.
3. “You’ll always be my baby.” 35%. (I’m 44 and my Mom still says this one every time I talk to her!
4. “I’m always here to listen,” 28%.
5. “You’re stronger than you think you are,” 26%.
Two more that just missed the top five were, “This too shall pass” at 20% and, “Oh, is THAT what you’re wearing?” at 17%.