By: Jay Edwards
Father’s Day is on Sunday and if you’re still trying to pick out the perfect gift for Dad, don’t consider any of these. However, if you want to disappoint Dad, here are five suggestions that are good for his health that he will pretend to like.
1. A pull up and dip bar- Men lose muscle mass as they age and these bars can help your dad build strength right there in his own home. Unless he brings down the door jam with him because he installed it incorrectly.
2. An ergonomic desk chair- If your dad spends a lot of time in front a computer, an ergonomic chair will help with back and neck issues. Exactly what he needs, another chair for him to fall asleep in!
3. Tai chi or yoga classes- It’ll help reduce blood pressure, improve posture and balance, and can strengthen and stretch bones and muscle. Fishing in the Tortugas or working on his new sports car you bought him also reduce blood pressure and improve strength.
4. A good pair of shoes- Regardless of your dad’s activity level, a good pair of shoes will help his feet, muscles, joints, and back. It will also enable him to walk out of the house to go to the mall to buy himself a REAL gift.
5. A physical screening- It might not be the coolest gift, but Forbes says it could help save your dad’s life, especially if he’s stubborn and won’t go to the doctor on his own. Physicals can detect signs of cancer, diabetes, and a ton of other conditions.
The Morning MIX debated these gifts this morning and here is what they said about all 5 of them: