Anytime I mention that I live downtown people react one of two ways: “ew” or “cool!”
For the naysayers, here’s why living downtown is the greatest thing ever:
1. Bar Proximity. Many friends want to go out drinking downtown. It’s fun having my house be the meet spot. Did someone say pregame?
2. Halloween. There is nothing like being DT on Halloween. The kids come out in droves and I love being the cool house that has full-size chocolate bars 🙂
3. The Urban/Suburban Vibe. Yeah it’s a major city but it doesn’t feel like it. It feels more like a Savannah or Charleston.
4. Lake Eola. Scenic with fun bars and restaurants surrounding it. What more can you ask for?
5. People Watching. OK, that sounds creepy. But some of the most interesting people are downtown… especially when the bars let out.
6. Safety. Maybe I’m naive but I feel WAY safer walking around here than I do walking around in Washington, DC or New York at night.
7. Sense of community. Probably because we’re all so close together but there’s a real sense of “you’ve got my back, I got yours” downtown.
8. Local Music Scene. If you haven’t been to Will’s Pub, Backbooth or Uncle Lou’s you are missing out.
9. Families. It’s a great place to raise a family with some good schools to match.
10. The Restaurants. Our food scene is so underrated. Great scratch kitchens with unique cocktails. It’s a foodie heaven!
Do you agree? What’s the best neighborhood in Florida?