By Jay Edwards
More than $5 billion was spent online on Black Friday this year, which is a new record. However, experts say Cyber Monday will be even bigger!
Experts say an estimated $6.6 billion will be spent today and that would make it the biggest online shopping day in U.S. history.
Here are five more facts about Cyber Monday and how all of us will be completely unproductive at work today:
1. 41% of workers said they spent at least an hour shopping at work on Cyber Monday last year. 23% plan to spend more time shopping today than they did in 2016.
2. 43% of workers said their boss is totally fine with them online shopping at work, well at least they think so. 31% said they’re not sure and 26% said it’s definitely not okay.
3. The most popular time to shop online at work today is during lunch, followed by whenever you have free time and then first thing in the morning. 1% said they’ll do the majority of their shopping during boring meetings and conference calls.
4. Apparently Cyber Monday is much more popular with younger people. Only 14% of people who plan to buy something today are 45 or older.
5. One in 20 people said they were planning on skipping work altogether today so they could focus on shopping.
You can read more about Cyber Monday and some additional cool facts here: