by Adam Alexander
What are all the car brands that are owned by Volkswagen? how many songs charted better for M.C. Hammer than “U Can’t Touch This”? How much did the United States offer the owners of the Hawaiian island Ni’ihau?
1. “U Can’t Touch This” is only M.C. Hammer’s FIFTH highest charting song on the Billboard Hot 100. It peaked at number eight. Four of his other songs did better: “Pray”, “Have You Seen Her”, “2 Legit 2 Quit”, and “Addams Groove”. (Billboard)
2. Tijuana, Mexico is further north than Savannah, Georgia. (Reddit)
3. Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr tied in the 1800 Presidential election. That left it up to Congress to pick the president, and they voted for Jefferson. (Wikipedia)
4. There’s a Hawaiian island called Ni’ihau that’s been owned by one family for several generations and the two brothers who own it turned down $1 billion from the U.S. government to buy it. (Wikipedia)
5. Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Porsche aren’t competitors, they’re actually all owned by the same company, the Volkswagen Group. (Volkswagen)