by Adam Alexander
Are you buying a gift for a co-worker this year? Not the boss, an “equal” at work? A new survey from Career Builder found 22% of us will give at least one co-worker a gift this year. But how much will we spend? 34% said less than $10 per gift. 59% said between $11 and $50. Only 6% of people said they’ll spend more than $50 on a gift.
Obviously it’s just the thought that counts, ya right, but sometimes we don’t even put that much thought into it. Here are the 10 worst gifts people said they’ve gotten from a co-worker.
1. Earrings shaped like chickens.
2. Coupons from a grocery store.
3. Roasted grasshoppers.
4. A roll of Saran Wrap.
5. A jar of glitter.
6. A coaster with their face on it. Not sure if that means their face, or their co-worker’s, but either way… Creepy!
7. A recipe for dip.
8. An ornament shaped like an engagement ring. That’s a potential HR nightmare.
9. A wooden cat statue.
10. Used candles. Also, women are almost twice as likely to give a co-worker a gift than men. But you’re more likely to get one from your BOSS if they’re a GUY. 63% of male bosses and 45% of female bosses plan to give gifts this year.