How do you hold a wine glass? Or brush your teeth? Chances are things we do today as adults, we learned how to do from someone else.
So here are 10 things we’re definitely doing wrong.
1. Holding a wine glass – Apparently you’re supposed to hold a wine glass by the stem as to not affect the temperature of the wine. Same applies to beer bottles. You’re supposed to hold a beer bottle by the neck and not the base of the beer. It all has to do with heat given off by your hands. Weird!
2. Holding a banana – Apparently, most people open bananas wrong. You grab it and pull from the stem because it makes sense right? But then you get those weird strings and sometimes you mush the banana. Well, turn it upside down and open it from the bottom. Simply squeeze the tip and pull the skin away. Almost guaranteed to not have any strings either!
3. Brushing your teeth – Use a pea sized amount of toothpaste and don’t scrub your teeth. Also, if your brush immediately after eating, you could be doing more harm than good because most foods have acid that erode tooth enamel and brushing causes more damage. So, less tooth paste, softer brushing, and brush for 2 minutes.
4. Cooling a bottled drink – This one I actually knew! If you have a drink that’s warm and you need to chill it quickly, wrap it in a damp paper towel and pop it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. No need to wait hours for a chilled beverage when it can be ready in minutes!
5. Wearing earbuds – Whoa. I was unaware about this one. Apparently, you just put the earbuds in your ear and let the wire hang freely. You’re supposed to wrap it behind your hear and come over the top and place the bud in your ear upside down.
6. Microwaving – You probably hate that your microwave sometimes leaves food cold in spots. Awful right? Well, spread the food out in the shape of a doughnut with a hole in the center. This allows the microwaves to cook the food evenly. It’s also recommended to cook at 1 minute intervals, stirring in between. If your food is dry, add a cup of water in the microwave with it to allow for a moister outcome.
7. Cooking spaghetti – Ever have the problem of boiling over water when making spaghetti noodles? Well, rest a wooden spoon on the rim of the pot. Somehow, this prevents the water from boiling over. Science? Or magic?
8. Sleeping – If you always wake up tired but definitely got 8 hours of sleep, maybe your sleeping position is why. Supposedly, the best way to sleep is on your back with a pillow under your knees. But if you’re like me and can’t sleep like that, sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees is 2nd best and the pillow helps to align your spine.
9. Untying knots – I HATE this one. Ever get that one knot that gets so knotted and you have to bite it with your teeth? Well, there’s an easier way. Take the end of the string or tie and twist it as much as you possibly can. Then simply push the twisted part towards the knot, keeping the end as straight as humanly possible.
10. Going #2 – If you haven’t jumped on the “squatty potty” craze I can assure you, you’re crazy. That thing works wonders! Humans are NOT designed to sit while going potty. We’re actually designed to squat. That’s where small stools or the new squatty potty comes in handy. It helps to align everything inside of YOU to allow for an easier movement.