by Adam Alexander
Which state produces the most pretzels in the United States? How much is the Statue of Liberty worth? What are the recent sales for Pop-Tarts? All that and more with Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. Barry White was a gang member as a teenager, but after he went to jail and heard an Elvis song on the radio, he decided to try to get into music. (Wikipedia)
2. 80% of the pretzels in the U.S. are made in Pennsylvania. (History)
3. Pop-Tarts’ sales went up every year from 1982 to 2014. And it’s possible they’re still going up, that’s just the last time Kellogg’s announced any Pop-Tarts stats. (ABC News)
4. It would take five minutes to knock someone out by holding a rag soaked with chloroform under their nose, not two seconds like it does in movies. (Wikipedia)
5. If the Statue of Liberty was melted down and the copper was sold for scrap, it would only be worth about $203,000. (WordPress)