by Adam Alexander
Who were fedoras originally designed for? What is R. Kelly afraid of despite one of his biggest hits about this very thing? How much damage did “Calvin and Hobbes” cause if you put a dollar figure on it? It’s Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. Fedoras were originally designed for women. (Bernard Hats)
2. R. Kelly is afraid of flying and travels by bus. Even though one of his biggest hits ever is “I Believe I Can Fly”. (Contact Music)
3. There’s a 60-mile stretch of Interstate 19 in Arizona where all the signs only use kilometers, not miles. It’s a relic from the Carter administration, when they were trying to get the U.S. to switch to the metric system. There’s still no plan to change them. (Gizmodo)
4. A “Calvin and Hobbes” fan calculated the dollar value of all the damage Calvin caused over the course of the comic strip. It comes out to $15,955.50. (Gizmodo)
5. In real life, gun silencers don’t work like they do in movies. A gun with a silencer still makes a noise about as loud as a police siren! That’s about 100 times quieter than a gun without a silencer, but still pretty loud. (Today I Found Out)