Pork Tenderloin and Sausage Flatbread is a great recipe for family game night. Sub colorful red or yellow bell peppers for the green peppers, if desired. Add a fresh green salad on the side and dinner is ready.
Pork Tenderloin and Sausage Flatbread
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
12 ounces pork tenderloin, about 3/4 of one tenderloin
7 ounces sweet Italian sausage, about 2 link, casings removed
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1 bell pepper, sliced into sticks or chopped
16 ounces prepared pizza dough
Cornmeal for dusting work surface and pizza pan
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
12 pitted kalamata olives, halved
2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Meanwhile, arrange pork tenderloin on a rimmed baking sheet, rub it with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Roast pork until the internal temperature reaches between 145F. (medium rare) and 160F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, about 25 to 30 minutes. Set aside to rest 10 minutes.
3. While pork is roasting, warm a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and bell peppers and cook, stirring and breaking the sausage up into bite-size pieces, until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Increase oven temperature to 475F-500F. Cut pork into thin slices and set aside.
5. Sprinkle a work surface and a large rimmed baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on the work surface and roll or stretch it out to a 10-by-15-inch rectangle. Transfer to baking sheet, pressing the dough to fit the pan. Top with pizza sauce, cheese, sliced pork, sausage, onion and olives and bake until pizza is golden and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes.
6. Top pizza with the basil, cut into pieces, and serve.
Click here to visit Heather’s Florida Kitchen.